Bug#612138: www.debian.org: Old translation warning obscures main text
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:23:32PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 10:46:31AM +0100, Vincent Zweije wrote:
> > Package: www.debian.org
> > Severity: normal
> > In the new website style, when a translation is too old, a warning overlay
> > is included. This overlay obscures part of the main text, making it very
> > hard to read.
> > You can find a screenschot at:
> > http://www.zweije.nl/~vzweije/overlay-error.png
> > Yes, I know the translation should be updated, but this looks really
> > unprofessional on an otherwise professional layout (for which kudos).
> For those who want to reproduce it (as of now):
- div.trans-note in debhome.css uses a absolute, causing issues
- this absolute position and "top: XXXpx" can be avoided if splash code moved
before the trans-note
- but trans-note is from template, and splash from index.wml -> I tried with
splash in from template/mainpage.wml
- but the span.download must be in index.wml to be translated (or content moved
to gettext and still in mainpage template?)
- if span.download is kept in index.wml, its html code will be after the
splash, what needs a negative top margin, what is not handled by epiphany,
our default web browser.
Maybe moving the span.download to gettext is our better option...