Re: www-master move: things to do, new status

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:47:36AM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 01:18:55AM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:32:43PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > > i would like to know what the current status of that is and where i can
> > > help esp. with my DSA hat on. If there are any needs, please say so.
> >
> > Remaining items:
> > - [will need DSA] We need to figure out which are the right ttf-
> >   package(s) needed to proper PDF rendering of release-notes, as
> >   installing all of thems is certainly not a good option.
[...]
> Fonts are now ok, while margins are not correct / the same.
>
> - Japanese build segfaults:
>   xmlroff --backend cairo -o ja/release-notes.amd64.pdf ja/release-notes.amd64.fo

More on this:
- it fails only for amd64 and i386 arch, ok for the other ones
- using same cairo and xmlroff and fo files, it doesn't segfault on
  klecker (which has many more ttf packages)
- it doesn't segfault using GP backend, enabled now locally on
  wolkenstein (but not commited).
http://newdeb.deb.at/releases/lenny/i386/release-notes.ja.pdf

Japanese release-notes pdf built on klecker use the following fonts
which are not available on wolk: ttf-sazanami-mincho ttf-vlgothic
http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/i386/release-notes.ja.pdf

Japanese people are welcome to send feedback on the builds :)

> > - hamm is providing autoup thing at
> >   http://www.debian.org/releases/hamm/autoup/ but is not present in the
> >   CVS.
> > - l10n stats

OK.

http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/missing-from-wolkenstein
List updated.

> * 43 files CD/artwork/* are old thumbnails no longer linked from the Debian
>   website.
>   => IMO they don't need to be kept.

And apache logs confirm, most of them have 0 or 1 hit in 2010 (3
months), except CD/artwork/debian-cd.jpeg with 19 hits.
-> Nothing will be done to keep these old thumbnails.

> * debian-med has moved to alioth/pure blends site, but files removed
>   from the CVS are not cleaned in the www tree

So no issue in dropping them (though makefiles should be improved with
that respect).

> > - ddp related items: devref, and some outdated ones

No progress.

> > no idea for the following items:
> > - matrix generation, e.g.
> >   http://newwww.deb.at/releases/etch/installmanual