Re: Organize Debian mail lists page, please, thanks :) ;jor

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, giovanni_re wrote:
> I sent the below to the suggested responsible email,
> listarchives@debian.org, but got no reply. On the debian-user list,
> where i cc'd the message, someone pointed me to this list, which i'm
> not subscribed too. I see one doesn't have to be subscribed to post
> here.

I personally didn't respond to you because it took far more effort to
figure out what you were concerned about than I had time available to
spend. [I suspect the other listmasters reacted similarly.]

After spending a bit more time, I'm still not sure what you're talking
about or what you think should be changed.

[...]

> http://lists.debian.org/
> Not to "http://foldoc.org/mailing+list";, as it is now.

This is defining a mailing list, not listing the available mailing
lists.

> 1b) Actually, that page is rather outdated, describing about email
> re 1999 or before - people don't need that info today. eh, cruft.
> Maybe someone could update it.

In what way? Please provide a patch to the wml, as that communicates
far more succinctly what you think should be changed, and how it
should be changed.

> == 2) Mail lists page should also list all the lists, grouped.
>
> The page:
> http://lists.debian.org/
> has a great start - the grouping.
>
> The important thing it is missing is a 2nd section, which would have
> each group section, & a link to the main page of each list, within that
> group.
>
> Ex: for the "users" lists (& do this for each grouping), go to the
> http://lists.debian.org/users.html
> page, & extract all the list links, & put them on the lists.debian.org
> page.

It's not clear at all what you're asking for in #2 and #3 (which I've
elided.) Again, please provide patches to the wml or as concise and
precise set of changes as possible.

Don Armstrong

--
An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p244