Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Maintainers" by FranklinPiat

* Jon Dowland <jon+debian-www@alcopop.org> [2010-01-13 09:55:47 CET]:
> Good GMT-morning,
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 01:07:54PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs
> wrote:
> >  Please check again. What I can see from the history of
> >  the two pages you and Anibal have put a lot of effort
> >  into the DebianMaintainer page, *not* the Maintainers
> >  page!
>
> When wiki pages are moved/renamed, their history is renamed
> along with them; and there is no indication from the page
> info that the page has been renamed. I think this is the
> source of the confusion: the page with the
> debian maintainer info in it started off being called
> "Maintainers", see this announcement about the page from
> 2007:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2007/12/msg00000.html>

 Then I wonder where the historical informations of the Maintainers page
comes from, that one reaches back into 2007 too. But that explains the
confusion then indeed. At least though at the time that Anibal started
to edit the page the "other" Maintainers page existed already, so it's
still not completely clear to me what is going on here, but then, again,
it at least explains why you were talking about that one. Sorry to have
made you feel that your work on the page wasn't appreciated enough.

 Thanks for the explenation,
Rhonda