Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Maintainers" by FranklinPiat

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 09:18 +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> * Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> [2010-01-08 01:18:15 CET]:
> > On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 10:42 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > > I can't quite unpick the chain of moves that's just gone on,
> > > but the page "Maintainers" no longer exists, breaking all
> > > existing links. Why?
>
>  "all existing links" - without any further informations on how much
> this actually breaks it sounds a bit ... well, overrated as a reasoning.
>
> > That page had recently been re-factored. I felt the it would be sensible
> > to move it the the glossary...
> > But I didn't know that it was linked from www.d.o. I have now restored
> > the page.
> >
> > (I still find it unfortunate to have both "Maintainers" and
> > "DebianMaintainer").
>
>  Actually, the four pages on www.d.o that link to the wiki actually
> should link to the DebianMaintainer page and not the Maintainers page.

The page DebianMaintainers is referenced from www.debian.org:
 devel/join/newmaint.wml
 devel/join/index.wml
 devel/debian-volatile/index.wml
 intro/organization.data
 vote/2009/platforms/zack.wml
whereas Maintainers isn't linked from www.debian.org

I have fixed, sent email and filed bugs so external links to the
"Maintainers" page are updated.

> The Maintainers page always has been very terse and not really helpful -
> I don't really see the need to keep it around?

I'll preserve the page (turning it in a kind of disambiguation page).

Suggestions are welcome.

Franklin