Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Maintainers" by FranklinPiat

	Hi!

* Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> [2010-01-08 01:18:15 CET]:
> On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 10:42 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > I can't quite unpick the chain of moves that's just gone on,
> > but the page "Maintainers" no longer exists, breaking all
> > existing links. Why?

 "all existing links" - without any further informations on how much
this actually breaks it sounds a bit ... well, overrated as a reasoning.

> That page had recently been re-factored. I felt the it would be sensible
> to move it the the glossary...
> But I didn't know that it was linked from www.d.o. I have now restored
> the page.
>
> (I still find it unfortunate to have both "Maintainers" and
> "DebianMaintainer").

 Actually, the four pages on www.d.o that link to the wiki actually
should link to the DebianMaintainer page and not the Maintainers page.
The Maintainers page always has been very terse and not really helpful -
I don't really see the need to keep it around?

 Jon, can you please point out what "all existing links" means to you?
Are you concerned about the (right from the start) wrong links on
www.debian.org that I am going to change right now, or do you mean
external links that are also pointing to the wrong page and expecting
users to click once further to get to the actual DebianMaintainer page?

 So long!
Rhonda