Re: Huawei 169 3G Modems

Hello,

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 09:19:32AM +1100, Alan Mainwaring wrote:
> I bought a ASUS Eee PC 701 some time ago with the LINUX Debian
> distribution via the Xandros company I think.

Though Xandros is based on Debian, is is different.

The list debian-www is about *Debian* *website* discussions.
For technical issues that you encounter installation/using Debian, see
http://www.debian.org/support which lists IRC, wiki and user lists
http://lists.debian.org/users.html

> I can not get it to work my HUWAIE 3 G modem. I am trying to start to
> learn about the command shell, how do I access the command shell in
> Debian (right click?).

A web search engines returns:
http://www.greenhughes.com/content/huawei-e169g-easy-way

Very recent Debian or Debian-based distributions (like Ubuntu) don't
seem to require any particular installation step.

> Anyway it would be good if Debian could just find the 3G modem by
> itself.

You should give full details about your modem, like its exact reference,
I guess "Huawei E169G" ?

--
Simon Paillard