Re: 4th Disc is has crack in it

Thanks for the information. As a matter of fact I installed debian 5.0.3 last night with the first dvd last night and everything is working out just fine. I have a broadband internet connection, so I was able to download enough packages to get me started. Thanks again.

Jay

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 4:42 AM, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 05:28:41PM -0700, Jason Smith wrote:
> Thank you so much for your timely response. What I meant by the "crack in
> it" was a physical fracture in the disc which I noticed on the top of the
> 4th disc. Further, on the bottom of the disc there was a strange
> discoloration which could be likened to a blob. Again, thank you for your
> response.

Ask vender to replace it if you feel not good about it.

> Regards,

FYI:

It is not uncommon to have such defects on some cheap CD/DVD or CD/DVD-R
but they tends to be quite robust for data reading.  If you can mount
and use these CD, they may be usable and issue is just cosmetic one.

If you have good nework connection, you probably need first CD only to
install.  That is another angle to your situation.