Suggestion: Change the link names on http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/

After watching the Nth person bitch on IRC that they downloaded the ia64
image when they meant to download the amd64 image, I have a constructive
suggestion for improving matters.

Changing the architecture name would be very disruptive, so that's out.

But we could easily change this:

# netinst CD image (generally 135-175 MB)
[alpha][amd64][arm][armel][hppa][i386][ia64][mips][mipsel][powerpc][sparc]

to this:
# netinst CD image (generally 135-175 MB)
[x86 32-bit][x86 64-bit][PowerPC][ARM (new ABI)][ARM (old ABI)][DEC Alpha][HP PA-RISC][Itanium][MIPS][Little Endian MIPS][SPARC]

(I realise this opens us to all kinds of bikeshedding around the exact
wording, the ordering and so on.  My suggestion is that someone just make
a decision and stick to it, because almost anything would be better than
the alphabetical arch-name list we currently have).

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."