Re: wiki.d.o: SummerOfCode2009/KDE-based-packagemanager

Le April 3, 2009 03:10:17 am Frank Lin PIAT, vous avez écrit :
> There is a kind of implicit rule on this wiki...
> wiki pages are like packages, they are maintained by some Teams/People.
> (DebianInstaller/* are managed by DI team, WiFi/* pages are managed by
> Geoff Simons and a few others, DebianEdu/* are managed by Holger a few
> others ...).
> It doesn't prevents other people from contributing. But if the
> maintainer don't like one's patch... well that person should try to
> understand why his/her patch were rejected and talk to the maintainer.
I see your parallel wiith packages, but Wiki pages aren't packages. That page used to have no edit restriction, so I didn't suggest a patch - I "committed" my changes directly. If you want a parallel with software, you can consider that I committed a revision with no edit summary, which Sune literally reverted with a cryptic edit summary. So, I verified my changes, improved my version, committed it again with an edit summary, and Sune again reverted indiscriminately, with the same cryptic edit summary. There's nothing similar to a patch rejection here, so it wouldn't make sense for me to approach Sune on this topic.

> Based on the fact that Sune had initiated that gsoc page, made many
> contributions, and that he is the maintainer of many KDE packages, he
> obviously cares for that page.
Sune did initiate the page, but honestly, I consider his contributions to this page almost as trivial as mine. Even if you consider Sune as one of the page's maintainers, and you don't consider me as a maintainer, maintainers should behave in a civil manner.

> Note: the wiki changelog is a very effective communication tool, when
> it's used as such. (i.e say what you do and why you did it).
I could have used better edit summaries. My changes improve presentation, and note that part of the page (regarding PackageKit) deserves expansion.

> P.S. Chealer, you can use a /Discussion page to submit you ideas.
Since I currently can't edit the content page, I couldn't link to such a page.

P. S. Thanks for Cc-ing me, I'm not subscribed to the list.