Re: facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Debian/9801962186

"Christian Balcerowski" <balcy@gmx.de> wrote:
> Today I became fan of your facebook page
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Debian/9801962186 .
>
> Since I've not found a way to contact an admin from there, I wanted to
> report, that the "information"
> section on the right should be moved to the left, if possible, since it is
> not readable like it is.
> Hopefully it is not a facebook bug or sth.

I've no way to contact an admin from there either.  I wish people
would drop debian-www a note when they set up a page pretending to be
debian on a closed social network site, so we could point people to
them!

I suspect that the information section on the right (which is not
readable, I agree) is a facebook bug introduced with a similar bug on
personal profiles during the new.facebook.com controversy.  If
facebook was a free software website, we could have a go at fixing
it, but they're not, so we can't.

Also, the "Planet Debian" on there is from mid-November.  Again, I
don't think there's anything we can do to fix that.  It's probably
better to follow debian social media directly, not through some
company's buggy social network services.

Sorry,
--
MJR/slef