Re: Putting draft release notes on www.debian.(org|net)?

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 09:03:08AM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 05:48:59PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, I ask the other way around: Anybody opposed to putting the
> > > lenny release notes now (= really soon) on www instead of
> > > alioth? I'm not opposed, as long as we set DRAFT=1 for now.
> > > This would make the documentation slightly larger than the final
> > > version, but really not much. Currently it is not set, btw.
> >
> > It's more a matter of finding in time a DD with rights to change the
> > crontabs on www-master ...
>
> If I have sufficient privileges and someone could tell me what to do,
> I'd be happy to do whatever's required.

In $webtopdir/release-notes/lenny :
$ svn checkout svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/branches/release-notes/lenny

I fear the build will fail because of required backported packages ..

For the crontab where $release = lenny :
    (cd $notesdir/$release && svn up) >> $notesdir/build.log 2>&1
    make -C $notesdir/$release publish \
	 PUBLISHTARBALL=yes PUBLISHDIR=$webtopdir/www/releases/$release >> $notesdir/build.log 2>&1

The loop defined in cron/parts/7release-notes doesn't fit since ddp
migrated to SVN since etch, and there is no etch branche in the SVN.

--
Simon Paillard