Re: Web editor for webwml

>The benefit would be to make it easier to contribute the website

I really agree. Most people today use wikis of some sort. As someone new to the team working on debian pages, I admit the learning curve is a little bit intimidating. Never the less, after a few weeks I managed to get it right (I think).

It a system like this will help on a few levels:

-It makes it easier to contribute as a user.
-It takes the burden of other people submitting my patches.
-It make the project less hard to accept into, hence helping more potential contributors.

on the other hand:
- this could cause a really low level of quality control. I can give an example from Ubuntu. I used to contribute translations there. But after a while I couldn't keep up with a lot of really young enthusiastic teen agers who contribute tons of low-level and low quality translations.
Ubuntu may be 90% translated to Hebrew, but for the common user this hebrew will be very weird and not appealing which creates a feeling the whole Ubuntu is looks like that. Most, people I know therefore use their Ubuntu system in English...

Never the less, with this long warning. I think this is a great idea, but it steel needs some kind of a control and review before changes on the webinterface for wml appear on the main web pages...

Oz
----
           Imagine there's no countries
           It isn't hard to do
           Nothing to kill or die for
           And no religion too
           Imagine all the people
           Living life in peace
----
          You all must read 'The God Delusion'
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion
---
when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance