Re: Website Links on netinst broken

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 08:00:37PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > > the file name having 40r4 in the links, and on the server the
> > > files are named 40r4a.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting, it should be fixed shortly.
>
> I checked for further errors and noticed that two release tags are no
> longer used since etch. See the attached patch.
>
> Is it OK to apply it or will this be reused later again (for lenny, ...)?

Regarding <if-stable-release release="sarge"> blocks - those cleanups are
best integrated during a time when the whole release changes, so that
translators aren't unnecessarily bothered. Either that or remove it from
everywhere so that translators don't notice the fodder.

As for current-release-dirname and current-release-filename, that actually
sounds like a good idea, but it's near-useless where it is, because
images.data in releases/ can't get to it - if it would #include's that,
it would pull in all the design (html).

And the solution to that is... separating design from data. Which is, like,
the whole point of WML. D'oh! :)

I'll fix it properly later unless someone beats me to it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.