Re: DebianWiki: Template Pages

Hello,

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 00:17 -0400, Kaio Rafael wrote:
> I'm helping to translate DebianWiki pages from English to Brazilian
> Portuguese. I have read the PortalTemplate[1], but the my concern is
> about translation links. Many wiki links are broken or outdated , so
> my question is, can i create a new translated page with "all"
> translation links?  That is, A new page will have links to English,
> Deutsch, Français, Español, Nederlands... etc...

In a perfect world, Moinmoin would have a scheme to automatically create
the list of links to translated versions of the pages... This was
discussed a few month ago[1], but this isn't going to be implemented
soon. Unfortunately.

A while ago, someone made a proposal to include[2] it in each translated
version.
Since the automatic thing isn't going to happen soon, it's probably the
best option we have.

I've made a test with the pages :
 http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIntroduction
 http://wiki.debian.org/pt_BR/DebianIntroduction

What do you think about it ?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2008/03/msg00204.html
[2] include the page with [[Include(PageXXx)]]