Re: conversion to subversion

On Tue, 13 May 2008, MJ Ray wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 May 2008, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > Speaking of which, we have been getting a few requests via alioth - would it
> > > be possible for alioth to avoid using personal mails and instead mail
> > > webmaster@, or even debian-www@lists?
> >
> > Well, no, it mails all accounts listed as "admin". Unless you create a
> > fake admin account pointing to the list (which is not desirable IMO),
> > there's no simple solution.
>
> It seems a shame if moving to alioth causes webwml administration to
> become less open and hidden from our users.  If someone patches gforge
> 4.5 to add an attribute to a project for a debian-style admin (list as
> admin contact instead of direct mail to admin accounts), would that be
> applicable to alioth directly?

I believe so. I cced Roland who is upstream Gforge developer. But I'm not
sure it's worth the effort really... people can always send the request to
the mailing list and give their Alioth login and admins can add them
directly. Nobody is forced to used the "request to join" web page.

> (I took a look at http://alioth.debian.org/projects/siteadmin/ but
> didn't find from that what GForge it is using and there's no source
> code posted there.)

Everything important is in the wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth

And you'll find a pointer to the bzr tree in use on Alioth.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog