Re: [Debian Wiki] Vos identifiants de connexion au wiki

Dear all,

I have discussed with Remys in French. He sent his mail on this list by
replying to the password recovery mail (maybe it should mention that
replies are preferred in English if possible ?).

I will try to summarise.

Le Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:30:08AM -0400, Remys Morrissette a écrit :

> >Quelqu'un à demandé l'envoi des données relatives à votre compte à
> >cette
> >adresse électronique.
> >
> >Si vous avez oublié votre mot de passe, utilisez les informations
> >ci-dessous
> >et entrez simplement le mot de passe TEL QUEL dans le champs mot de passe
> >du formulaire d'identification du wiki (utilisez pour cela un
> >copier-coller).
> >
> >Après vous être identifié avec succès, il vous est naturellement
> >recommandé
> >d'enregistrer un nouveau mot de passe que vous connaissiez.
> >
> >Nom : UtilisateurExemple
> >
> >Mot de passe : Serie_de_chiffre_et_de_lettre
> >
> >URL de connexion : http://wiki.debian.org/PréférencesUtilisateur

This is the email he got from the wiki. Here is the English version:

  Somebody has requested to submit your account data to this email address.

  If you lost your password, please use the data below and just enter the
  password AS SHOWN into the wiki's password form field (use copy and paste
  for that).

  After successfully logging in, it is of course a good idea to set a new and known password.

  Login Name: *****

  Login Password: ****

  Login URL: http://wiki.debian.org/UserPreferences

The comment of Remys is that the "Login URL" is not a login URL, it would need
'?action=login' for this. Moreover, the UserPreference page has a field that
looks like a login field, but if one tries to log in, it answers that the user
already exists (because it is an account creation field).

(I can confirm that it is confusing, I banged my head on this wall some time
ago).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy