Re: New security/audit pages not translatable

On Thu Nov 29, 2007 at 05:16:27 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

> It also does not seem possible to create translations for the yearly
> index pages such as http://www.debian.org/security/audit/2006/ because
> here is no "English source" file for them.

> If they are to be generated automatically, they should use gettext for
> the title, headers and last line (links to parent pages).

  They are generated in a two-step process:

    1.  The data files get turned into a series of HTML .inc files.
    2.  The inc files are included by a stub index.wml in each
       directory.

  It seems to me that you're complaining there is no English source
 to translate - when the files:

    ./audit/2003/index.wml
    ./audit/2004/index.wml
    ./audit/2005/index.wml
    ./audit/2006/index.wml

   are the very source which should be translated!

   If I've misunderstood the nature of your complaint then please do
  let me know.  (I accept that the script which generates the .inc files
  shouldn't output any non-HTML, and should use gettext.  I will
  investigate that ASAP - but right now it only uses minimal English
  in the output, so changing it shouldn't be difficult.)

> P.S. Please CC me on replies as I'm currently not subscribed to the list.

  Noted.

Steve
--
# Commercial Debian GNU/Linux Support