Re: Translating packages.debian.org (Call for translations)

Some updates:

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 12:04:49AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> As most of you might have noticed, packages.debian.org has gone through
> quite some changes in the last months. After this has now stabilized
> somewhat and after I (mostly) fixed the l10n support again, I would now welcome
> translations of these websites.

Turns out I didn't actually fix the l10n support. The combination of
mpm_worker, mod_perl and gettext turned out to produce somewhat funny
results rather than correct ones. Very obvious though in hindsight :-/
I have ideas how to fix this but it will be a while. Therefor currenlty
translations (of strings) are only available at the static index pages.

DDTP translations are still used since these don't depend on gettext.

> Note that package descriptions are translated through the DDTP. I have
> not followed its status and can say nothing about that. I just use the
> data I get from it.
> There are four .pot files.
> langs.pot - this is mostly identical with langs.pot from the webwml
>             website repository. If a translation for that is already
> 	    available, you can just tell me to use it.
> sections.pot - this is used for the pages http://packages.debian.org/<dist>/
>             If you only want to translate the minimum, I would start
> 	    with this.
> pdo.pot - Mostly error messages from the Perl code.
> templates.pot - Strings from the output templates.

There is a new file debtags.pot which contains strings for all the
debtags descriptions. I hope to push this to debtags itself sometime
but for now you have to translate it here. Note that this is actually a
lot of string for very little screen space, you might want to set your
priorities correctly.

Thanks for the translations so far. I hope the world can see them again,
soon. Help with that is of course welcome :)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/