Re: Debian consultants

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> On 14-10-2007 17:44, Thomas Huriaux wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> Jan Prunk <janprunk@gmail.com> (04/10/2007):
>>> I am wondering if anyone is still updating the page for Debian consultants ?
>>> The last update was made in August, and I don't know if the new
>>> submissions for consultants were properly received ?
>> No, it's no longer updated. I no longer have the time and motivation to
>> process the requests, and it seems to be the same for everybody else in
>> the team.
>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated (and is really needed).
>
> 	How much we are talking about?  Dozens of entries per day/
> week/month?  Is it just adding web pages? There are other tasks?
> Can we post a message recruiting people and training them?

It depends on how actively they are processed: from a couple per month
to a couple per day.

It's just adding, changing or removing entries and their respective
'more info' page.

Before adding the info is checked to be following the DMUP, being a real
*Debian* consultant, being consistent and a minimum of contact info
should be available.

Before changing an entry, it's checked that the info is consistent (with
other info for instance from the website) and being asked by the
consultant themself or by someone who can know the consultant's situation.

Removing an entry is done when the minimum contact info is not available
anymore or when the consultant asks to be removed.

All interaction for requests is handled by consultants@debian.org

Cheers

Luk