Re: packages.debian.org updated

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 12:55:03AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > > The new code can be found in my git repository. More information at
> > > http://packages.debian.org/about/
> >
> > Which branch (or do they call that tag? I don't recall any more) is
> > canonical, IOW how do the privileges to update things work?
>
> The current status is:
>
>  - To be able to update the code that is running on puccini one
>    will need to have access to puccini and sudo rights to pkg_user

I noticed now that I lost the ability to adjust the list of mirrors offered
by packages.d.o - it no longer links to cgi.d.o/cgi-bin/download.pl, instead
it appears to generate the download page internally.

Kindly restore this thing alone, if not everything else.

> So what got lost is the ability to update the running code indirectly
> through CVS. If we want to restore that, we will need to create an
> additional git repository on a debian host that is group writable.
> Exact location and group would have to be determined.
>
> Proposals?

Frankly, I couldn't care less, as long as it's done.

On a more general note, I understand the lack of interest to preserve access
for me when I don't contribute to stuff. I didn't make myself useful, so I
got cut off. That's fine. However, I have little understanding for when my
access is a priori revoked on certain niche things where I'm almost the only
person who cares about them, and mirrors are one such thing. It's utterly
unreasonable to bar me from accessing those things simply because of the
history.

Initially, when I humbly asked for access to p.d.o stuff in general to be
restored on 2007-05-30, I got rather rudely rejected by Martin Schulze, and
this was not remedied - rather, my request for explanation was completely
ignored.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.