Re: packages problems

	Hello!

Am Dienstag, den 18.09.2007, 09:38 +0100 schrieb Marek Czapski:
> I am new on LInux, so maybe the problem is easy, but not for me. When
> I try to install some packages .deb on my Ubuntu (Dapper Drake) i got
> an information like this:

 First of all, debian-www ist about maintaining the web pages of Debian,
it is not about user support.  Furthermore, Ubuntu is in quite some
parts a lot different from Debian, so it would be better to ask on a
ubuntu list instead of a Debian one.

> When instaling for example: sun-java6-jre (deb package) system ask me
> for other package: sun-java6-bin (ok i understand that this library is
> needed) but when i try to install: sun-java6-bin then system ask me
> for sun-java6-jre.

 You will need to install them both at the same time.  Using a package
management tool like synaptic or aptitude based on apt instead of
downloading the .deb files and installing them directly with dpkg will
do that task for you.  This is one of the many reasons to use a package
manager instead of downloading individual files and going from there.

 Have fun,
Rhonda