unstable packages: dpkg errors

Hello,

I have added sources for unstable packages in my /etc/apt/sources.list and run apt-get update.Now I get all kind of errors of unmet dependencies.. that make my system practically not operable. When I try to run apt-get install for any package I get:

/usr/sbin/update-texmf: line 12: mktemp: command not found

and in dpkg.log:
2007-09-06 12:47:28 status half-configured tex-common 1.9

What I will very much like is to go back to the previous version of my system .. with only the stable packages.. but I suppose there isn't a way to do this.
Do you have any suggestions?

regards,

Anca Vamanu