Asking about installation Debian Linux

Hi dear Mr/Mrs,

One thing I forgot to tell that I have no idea about "image" that said during the installation. I just downloaded the DVD files for installation from debian.org

Would you mind to tell me with more details what are the commands to detect my DVD-RW such as modprobe, dmesg and other commands that are related to installation for detecting hardware (VGA cards, sound cards, ethernet cards, etc)

first of all I say thank you very much. I appreciate your helps.

Sincerely yours,
Eric Jansen