Re: Switching from CVS to something else

	hi!

Am Dienstag, den 21.08.2007, 15:49 +0200 schrieb Javier
Fernández-Sanguino Peña:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:15:34PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > >  What also comes into my mind, the translation-check code would require
> > > quite a lot of changes with almost all VCSes especially with respect to
> > > checks about by how many commits the file is outdated.  Might be easy
> > > with some, but given that I'm not familar too intensive with many VCSes
> > > with respect to extracting that specific informations it might get
> > > tricky (or not, no idea, just concern raising).
> >
> > Hmm.  Maybe rebuild the cvs version in the file header manually?
> > Or compare absolute check-in dates?  Doh, that'd be complicated
> > and slow down building of the website even more.
>
> SVN supports the $Id construct. The way others do this (d-i manul) is to add
> the revision information in the header of the translatable files and check
> it with a specific header of the translated files.

 In an $Id$ line there is only one version stored.  We can extract that
in many other ways, too.  The problem I tried to point out is with the
mindelta and maxdelta feature of the translation-check.  If they are not
set maxdelta is set to 5 updates - which I don't see a way to check
offline with svn.  With CVS it was simple comparison of numbers, with
SVN you can't do that, $Id$ will contain the overall revision, too, not
the revision of that very single file which we though need.

 So long,
Rhonda