Re: Switching from CVS to something else

Martin Schulze wrote:
> I have some problems with this approach since being able to commit
> to webwml means being able to execute arbitrary code on www-master
> which is currently the same as security-master.  Thus, having only
> limited write access and a controlled way to expand this, is actually
> a feature, imho.

A very good point. Especially since translators can also in theory run
arbitrary code on www-master right now, which doesn't seem desirable,
especially for the ones who are not DDs.

Is there any reason why the build has to happen on www-master? For the
installation manual and release notes, my understanding is that the
building happens elsewhere (such as on alioth) and the content is then
synced over to www-master.

A side benefit of doing that, besides security, is that committers who
cannot access www-master can still debug website build issues and even
launch a new build if necessary.

--
see shy jo