Re: Switching from CVS to something else

* Raphael Hertzog:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Martin Schulze wrote:
>> Not sure about partial checkouts for translators.
>
> Partial checkout are possible with subversion and are usually not
> possible with almost all distributed VCS.

You could keep the different languages on separate branches.  This
might also simplify merging changes which are mostly not prose.

OTOH, Subversion is not such a bad choice at all because most
distributed systems are pretty good at interoperating with it (DVCS #1
vs DVCS #2 is usually more difficult, in my experience.)