Re: Switching from CVS to something else

	Hi!

Am Dienstag, den 21.08.2007, 10:10 +0200 schrieb Martin Schulze:
> Jens Seidel wrote:
> > OK but let's not forget that SVN keeps a local copy of the checkouted
> > files which allows diffs without internet connection. Also a commit is
> > faster as only changes are transfered.
>
> ... and doubles disk usage...

 This is also my main issue - given that a full checkout currently
requires 304 megs.  I had to trim down my full checkout before and it
wasn't really convenient, I would really hate to have to do that yet
again. :/

> Not sure about partial checkouts for translators.

 It would also double their size (plus a bit more, metafiles and stuff,
but you have those with CVS too).

 What also comes into my mind, the translation-check code would require
quite a lot of changes with almost all VCSes especially with respect to
checks about by how many commits the file is outdated.  Might be easy
with some, but given that I'm not familar too intensive with many VCSes
with respect to extracting that specific informations it might get
tricky (or not, no idea, just concern raising).

 So long,
Rhonda