Re: Switching from CVS to something else

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Losing all the CVS history and having to update all the tools for no
> real gain seems like a major drawback to me.

You won't lose CVS history. If we move to SVN, obviously we'll integrate
the history in the new repository. You can use tailor to convert
most VCS repositories to another VCS.

> I think we should tackle this in two steps:
>
> 1- move the CVS over to Alioth, change all build tools that depend on gluck so
>   that they pull from the Alioth CVS.
>
> 2- consider which VCS is best and switch to it, switching all tools which
>    are VCS-dependant

I'm ok with that and it makes sense IMO given the discussion that I just
saw.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog