Re: Switching from CVS to something else

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> I do like git but as it doesn't store the information concerning file
> rename it's possibly not perfectly suited to a big reorganization with file
> moves and renames. [...]

I'm not sure that's a major flaw for a web site: we need to store the
information concerning file moves in another format anyway, to tell
webservers how to redirect browsers and avoid breaking links.
Cool URIs don't change http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI/

Meanwhile, can Subversion/svk track merges, merge renamed files, tag
for real and sign tags yet?  You pick your poison...

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.