What tools are VCS specific [Re: Switching from CVS to something else]

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, MJ Ray wrote:
> Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> > This was talked about in
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/04/msg00150.html; it seemed to
> > me that the consensus was SVN, but whatever way we decide to go,
> > someone needs to fix the tools to do it before switching becomes a
> > viable option.
>
> Four replies, two of which suggest remaining with CVS... doesn't look
> like the consensus was SVN, unless you squint very very hard.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/04/msg00157.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/04/msg00151.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/04/msg00152.html

all favored SVN to some degree or another, and beyond the "not worth
the effort" the fact that switching from CVS to SVN requires
relatively minimal changes to tools was the main reason it seemed to
be prefered.

But in any event, I don't particularly care which we switch to;
whoever decides one way or the other has to do the work to actually
port the tools.

Can we get a list of the tools that we're talking about here so people
who want to test a migration actually know what they're working with?

Are we just looking at the following?

check_desc_trans.pl
check_links.pl
check_trans.pl
copypage.pl
i18nwwwfix.pl
karma.pl
make_all.pl
make_links.pl
remove_stale.pl
smart_change.pl
stattrans.pl
touch_files.pl
touch_translations.pl

Don Armstrong

--
The game of science is, in principle, without end. He who decides one
day that scientific statements do not call for any further test, and