Re: Switching from CVS to something else

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 01:36:54PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> There's more in favour of git in that thread, including CVS emulation,

I would also like to switch to git but the reason is a little bit
different: I just don't know it (have experiences with CVS and know SVN
very well, also a little bit darcs) and want to learn proper using a
decentralised version control system.

> so we wouldn't need to burn any contributors yet and maybe we could
> use tools with a CVS emulator until there are proper upgrades.

PS: If a person tries to plan a switch or at least demonstrate that it
is possible to use GIT, ... just split the tasks into small groups (such
as revision tracking for translators or the i18n page) and ask for
help. I think this way it is easier to get replies and we know what is
still missing.

Jens