Re: Switching from CVS to something else

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> the web team is one the last few users of a CVS repository on
> cvs.debian.org. As you probably already know, most VCS repositories
> are nowadays hosted on alioth.debian.org.
> http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth
>
> This gives you much more flexibility:
> - you can use any VCS of your choice (subversion is the most popular and the
>   simplest to switch to for CVS users)
> - you can have control on the members of your team without the need
>   to ask DSA to add or remove someone
>
> I know changing the VCS repository will require some work in the build and
> translation infrastructure, but I think we can do that smoothly
> nevertheless.

This was talked about in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/04/msg00150.html; it seemed to
me that the consensus was SVN, but whatever way we decide to go,
someone needs to fix the tools to do it before switching becomes a
viable option.

Actually converting the repository is fairly trivial in comparison.

Don Armstrong

--
Identical parts aren't.
 -- Beach's Law