Re: Debian Vendor

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 03:36:52PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Runa Agate Sandvik wrote:
> > To me it doesn't seem like a real vendor. Should I just leave it,
> > contact the webmaster or add it?
>
> It looks like a Chris Unger is multiplexing these sites;

Many thanks for spotting this! I haven't checked the whois entries myself
yet, but I'm inclined to remove *all* his shops for intentionally deceiving
us.

I should probably knock up a script one of these days which looks for
similarities in the whois entries, similar server IP addresses etc...

> In fact, just looking, it's quite likely that a lot of these sites are
> duplicates (or near duplicates) of eachother:
>
> index.php/cPath/161_50 <-- shows up for the "debian" page alot
>
> advanced_search_result.php?keywords=debian <-- as does this

Hmm, one would have to take a closer look but I guess these entries are OK
- lots of vendors use osCommerce, which tends to create these kinds of
URLs.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯