Re: Webmaster has invited you to use Google Talk

Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org> wrote:
> * MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> [2007-05-09 11:09]:
> > Has Google launched yet another invite-spammer?
>
>  No, it hasn't.

Huh?  Is nz-out-f141.google.com not Google's? Did I misread where
came from?

> > [...] If you want to talk, use XMPP, SIP/RTP, IAX or something.
>
>  Like, something like jabber.  Like, the thing google talk uses.  Gosh,
> it's even an Open Source protocol.

Yes, and one day, google talk may even work fully with arbitrary remote
XMPP (jabber) servers and not just ones they approve who implement the
same versions of the same non-standard experimental extensions.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef