Re: Wrong year in DSA 128[12]-1, not in w.d.o/security/

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 05:40:16PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> [2007-04-30 17:24]:
> > PS: I missed both in the subject mentioned DSAs on the home page for at
> > least one day. Since I fixed the date already a few days ago it seems
> > there was no build during multiple days!
>
>  I don't really want to dig though the makefiles about what triggers a
> rebuild of the frontpage - but I guess an update to a file doesn't where

No you're wrong. It something assimilar to $(wildcard
security/$(CUR_YEAR)/*.wml) in the target rule which causes a rebuild if
a new DSA is added and if an existing one is changed ...

> a new entry would.  There is of course that one cronjob that rebuilds
> everything to make up for such glitches, but that runs very rarely, I
> think only once a week...

I didn't know of such a cronjob, are you sure? I suggested already in
the past to do a global "make clean" (or better rm -rf ...) followed by
a "make publish" to workaround Makefile issues, but IIRC Joey denied
this because it would be too time consuming.

Jens