Re: some other designs for the debian website

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote:
> MJ Ray schrieb:
> > [...] Any candidates presented to such an audience
> > should be pre-filtered by experts.
>
> I would be easy to define some prerequisites for the proposed designs
> like "must be browsable with lynx". [...]

Some, but not all - I think there are reasons why very few webmasters
try to draw up complete specifications and hold everyone to them and
it's not that no webmasters can write specs.  For example, some points
are obvious - xhtml, CSS, WCAG, and so on - but writing a detailed
full specification is pretty near to drafting an actual design.

So, I feel an expert panel would be useful.
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.