Re: Split of volatile webpages complete: please test/comment

Jens Seidel wrote:
> Hi Luk,
>
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 04:31:39PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>> The split of the volatile webpages is comitted into the www.d.o repository.
>
> it was hard work to move the translations but I think I finished it (at
> least for German and partially for French and Italian). Luk, please
> always commit different patches separatly. I noticed that you moved
> files from devel/debian-volatile/ to volatile/ *and* changed the content
> at the same time! This makes moving translations much harder, because
> these need to be moved *and* synchronised at the same time ... If a
> translator misses the fact that volatile/ contains moved file the
> translator could redone the work!

That's one of the reasons the split was announced on the list, so translators
could see that they don't have to start over. Only moving the translation is
not enough as the translation headers don't match anyway, though it had indeed
been better to commit after moving them and before changing them.

> Please also note that a few scripts such as mirror-volatile.sh need to
> be installed otherwise there will be broken links. Maybe it's sufficient
> to just add a new local "install::" target ...

Right, everything that should be on the website should be installed... I have
updated the Makefile accordingly.

> You also protect email addresses in volatile/team. I think this is not
> necessary as the corresponding mailto: in the source is not rewritten.
> I suggest to use clear addresses. Aren't these already available all
> over the net?

Well that's a minor issue IMHO and should be asked to the mentioned people
before changing it anyway...

Cheers

Luk