Re: Website Designs

* Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org) [070419 22:01]:
> Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > I'd like to propose again to start some official contest, and let a
> > broader audience (at least the DDs) vote for the final design. The more
> > people get to vote the better.

> I would like to remind people that democracy is a poor way to make
> technical choices in general. Unless you want the most mediocre of all
> possible choices. Just thought I'd throw that out there since the
> concept of voting on a website seems to be in vogue.

JFTR, I think it is good to have the *possibility* of voting even on
technical issues - in case a prior decision went totally wrong, but it
shouldn't be the *normal* way. (Which doesn't mean a poll "how do you
like the fancy new design" is a bad idea, but only as a poll, not as a
binding vote.)

Cheers,
Andi
--