Re: Website Designs

Am 19.04.2007 13:41 schrieb Gerfried Fuchs:
> * Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> [2007-04-19 12:03]:

>> I'd like to propose again to start some official contest, and let a
>> broader audience (at least the DDs) vote for the final design. The more
>> people get to vote the better.
>
>  That won't work, because like said above, most people don't think about
> (or even just am not able to see it) what is able to work (sorry, James)
> and would fit the needs of our website.

One could also argue that the other way does not work either: looking
how little the design has changed in the past years and how ugly and
outdated it currently looks...

I was BTW not so much thinking about the details of the page, but the
overall look. I think it's better to let a large group of people choose
the overall theme. When the direction is clear, there is still plenty of
room to work on the details.

>From what I've heard, Free- and Net-BSD, did something similar and the
result was very good.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org