Re: Improvements of the website

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:44:06AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Right! Let's move useful content from the wiki to www.debian.org and
> replace it afterwards with a pointer to the website. Please note that
> this doesn't make sense for each part of the wiki.

I agree with this. The structure of the website needs to be fixed so that our
users know where they can find the information they are looking for. And they
should, of course, be able to find the most important information on the main
website - and this could be moved from the wiki like suggested.

> I have to confess that I'm not aware of any useful information in the
> wiki. I know a few developer related pages (TODOs), wordlists for translators
> but for official information related to Debian I *only* use the website
> and the DDP.

The wiki does contain a few useful HOWTOs on topics like package building
etc. :)

- Runa