Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joy: webwml/english/CD/vendors adding-form.wml

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 03:56:52PM -0600, Debian WWW CVS wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/webwml
> Module name:	webwml
> Changes by:	joy	07/04/11 15:56:52
>
> Added files:
> 	english/CD/vendors: adding-form.wml
>
> Log message:
> 	added an actual form for CD vendor submissions, hoping to be able to
> 	reduce the spam

This should be functional now, I debugged the CGI script. It receives input
from the above web form, vets it a bit, and sends it in a more structured
format via e-mail.

Please deduce the exact URL of the form from the source files, I don't want
to post it on the list before it's done so that the spambots don't see it
too soon.

The generated mails are sent to cdvendors@d.o right now, which is currently
just webmaster@d.o, and that in turn currently expands to Craig Small, Matt
Kraai, Frank Lichtenfeld and me.

I haven't been paying attention lately, but the CVS log of editors
of the vendors.CD file in 2006 and 2007 shows most activity from
Richard Atterer, Alexander Schmehl and David Moreno Garza; if any of
you are interested in this, please do let me know.

The end result of having this script could be that we stop random e-mail
input into cdvendors@d.o (probably put an autoresponder on it) and instead
have people use the form to submit new/updated info. That way nobody has to
wade through spam and/or barely readable valid reports in order to process
the data.

I'd appreciate comments.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.