Re: Linden Lab (Second Life) using Debian

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:20:04 +0100
Adrian von Bidder <cmot@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm a bit disappointed at this point.  I followed up on the recent
> informationweek article to get permission to list Linden Lab as a Debian
> user on our users page, sent mail to debian-www a few weeks ago only to
> have that email completely ignored.

I'm the one who usually process submissions to the "Who's using Debian" page.

Submissions aren't ignored, but taken care of when I can spare several hours to "scan" debian-www for new submissions, get entries not submitted in English translated, check that any mentioned web site is active, fix spelling and wording to the best of my abilities, etc.  The best investment of my time is to process multiple submissions at once.

Thanks to slef for taking care of this submission.

> Such stuff happening is also making
> Debian look bad: I requested permission to list Linden as a Debian user and
> very promptly got a reply from their press guys, so it'd be only fair to
> act now and have them listed.

Next time please make sure someone on debian-www is ready to add the submission when you expect it to be added; this could easily have been worked out.

Please be aware that debian-www doesn't write the entries, as I now realize you were expecting in the original mail.  The guidelines are at the bottom of the page.

--
Regards, Kaare