Re: Setting up a staging ground for etch release

On 3/17/07, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 08:41:58PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Gustavo Franco wrote:
> > The problem is that it's quite hard to Joe User help us downloading
> > testing images from that current page and the mozilla approach seems
>
> Parse error.
>
> Maybe some links need to be added to the main page prominently?
>
> Maybe the /CD/ page could use a reordering?
>
> *shrug*  Parse error, as I said...

I was confused by Gustavo as well. I checked whether it's hard to find
testing images and opened the homepage www.debian.org.

The top strip contains a button "Getting Debian" which obviously matchs
our need. Also on the right side is a "Getting Debian" entry which
subitems.

Here I assume the user is able to read. Gustavo, do you propose adding
pictures?

No, please look at: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Do you see "Download Firefox - Free", there's a link to a Linux i686
binary to me, it should be Linux ppc since i'm running Debian on my
iBook, but do you see the difference?

Following the link you find immediately http://www.debian.org/CD/ and
after selecting your preferred download method (jigdo, http, ...)
you have *direct* access to testing images.

PS: There are indeed some information which are hard to find. But
testing images are not affected!

Now I'm understanding why more and more people start new Debian web
pages with content that should be official instead cooperate with
debian-www mailing list and add the content into our official website.
Don't you?

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com