Re: Setting up a staging ground for etch release

Gustavo Franco wrote:
> >Re modern design and stuff: Please define problems with the current design
> >and propose improvements.  This has been asked all volunteers who wanted
> >to apply a complete redesign of the web pages.  The smaller the changes
> >the easier they can be applied and the more likely it will be that they
> >will be accepted.
>
> The problem is that it's quite hard to Joe User help us downloading
> testing images from that current page and the mozilla approach seems

Parse error.

Maybe some links need to be added to the main page prominently?

Maybe the /CD/ page could use a reordering?

*shrug*  Parse error, as I said...

> to be saner, IMHO. Just ask on debian-user. Btw, I though we wrote a

No.  I'm asking on debian-www, the list where the web pages are
maintained.

If you can't define the problems, how do you expect to work on
solutions?

> I agree with Frank on solve one problem at a time and I'll try to do
> more and talk less, like i did in others areas into the project.
> Arguments in favor or against ideas will guide us to nowhere, but
> better solutions than I'm proposing will.

Solutions should fix problems and not search problems they could
potentially fix.

Regards,

	Joey