Re: A contest for a new css

Hi Mathieu!

>    Hi! I steal think that debian has, unfortunatly, the less beautiful
>    website of all major distributions. I already submited some artworks I
>    did on this mailling list[1], but not everyone liked it.  All right, I
>    may not be the best webdesigner around here, so what about launching a
>    contest ? :)

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all.  There are lots of people in the
past who have suggested that that would like to change the layout a bit,
so why not give people a change to see what they come up with.

However, if we want to create such a "content", I think it is important
to state in advance what kind of limitations we want.  For example,
validating XTHML, clear separation of content and layout, working in all
browsers, no frames, no javascript, no dynamic pages, needs to fit in
the current wml building scheme and translation practise, etc.

What do you guys think?

Greetings,
Bas.