Re: Frustrating floppy install

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 05:59, Joseph Martell wrote:
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst

The source of this page has come comments in it that the old, more
extensive instructions are outdated. Unfortunately no-one has

> This page was frustratingly not helpful. It directs me to the
> installation manual but, alas, I still do not have any floppy images.
> At this point I had already realized that I could install Debian from
> floppies, what I really needed was the images.  I have found the images
> once but every time that I search for them again I have come up empty
> handed.

You're supposed to be able to find this section of the manual:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s02.html.en

As http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en has a link
to that section, I don't feel it is unreasonable to expect that you _are_
able to find that section.

After all, this is all in a chapter called "Obtaining System Installation
Media", which sounds like a logical place to check.

I have made some minor changes to both the webpage and the installation
guide that will hopefully make finding the images a bit easier.

Cheers,
FJP