Re: help

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:09:34AM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, RJ Gillis wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am hoping you can help me. I recently had to use 'safe mode'
> > and when rebooting, was offer the choice of 'windows' or 'debian
> > installer'. I have never seen or heard of debian before and no one
> > else uses my pc, so the question is; how did this get on my pc? I
> > cruised your site and I know it's an OS, but not how it got
> > here. The only hardware changes I've made recently are a new monitor
> > and graphics card; neither disc includes debian on it. Any clues? It
> > sure is a mystery to me.  Thanks- RJ
>
> [ Your question is more suitable for debian-user, as debian-www is for
>   people maintaining our web site, www.debian.org ].
>
> Most probably, you (or somebody using your computer) visited the site
> http://goodbye-microsoft.com/ and executed the windows .exe available
> there. Normally, Debian is installed by using an install CD, but the
> executable you ran allows people to install Debian without the need to
> burn an install CD at all.
>
> If you don't want to install Debian, I would assume that the procedure
> to remove 'debian installer' from your boot menu is documented somewhere,
> but in case it's not I'm cc:ing the author of such windows installer
> (hello Robert).

Hi!

I'm sorry that someone out there is using the win32 loader on systems they
don't own.  I don't support such use of my software!!

RJ, to uninstall the loader, you just need to open the Windows Add/Remove
Programs dialog (in Control Panel) and select it for removal there.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.