Re: help

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, RJ Gillis wrote:

> Hi, I am hoping you can help me. I recently had to use 'safe mode'
> and when rebooting, was offer the choice of 'windows' or 'debian
> installer'. I have never seen or heard of debian before and no one
> else uses my pc, so the question is; how did this get on my pc? I
> cruised your site and I know it's an OS, but not how it got
> here. The only hardware changes I've made recently are a new monitor
> and graphics card; neither disc includes debian on it. Any clues? It
> sure is a mystery to me.  Thanks- RJ

[ Your question is more suitable for debian-user, as debian-www is for
  people maintaining our web site, www.debian.org ].

Most probably, you (or somebody using your computer) visited the site
http://goodbye-microsoft.com/ and executed the windows .exe available
there. Normally, Debian is installed by using an install CD, but the
executable you ran allows people to install Debian without the need to
burn an install CD at all.

If you don't want to install Debian, I would assume that the procedure
to remove 'debian installer' from your boot menu is documented somewhere,
but in case it's not I'm cc:ing the author of such windows installer
(hello Robert).