Re: Converting navbar images to PNG

Hello Matthew,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 11:35:58AM -0500, Matthew K Poer wrote:
> The TODO states:
> /Pics/
> Convert the navbar images to PNG.
> (http://www.debian.org/devel/website/todo)

Actually we should update this todolist, indeed the navbar doesn't use
images anymore.

But some others images like the debian logo and so one can still be
converted to PNG and/or be optimized.

You can check the following bugs :
http://bugs.debian.org/315371
http://bugs.debian.org/265388

> So should I just download all of these:
> http://www.debian.org/Pics/
> and start converting the .gif to .png? I know it will take a while, is
> there any certain way it should be done? I can use GIMP, but I think
> ImageMagick can do this with a script.

ImageMagick should be able to do that "automagically". Take care of the
PNG optimization (that is lossless).

> I'd love to help and this is something I think I know how to do.

Thanks for your interest.

You can also check the bugs related to the website at
http://bugs.debian.org/www.debian.org and see how to solve them.

Best regards,

--
Simon Paillard